Bergamot Essential Oil - 30ml Bulk Buy
Your daily dose of sunshine in a 30ml bottle.
- Batch # 105
- Organically-crafted & cold-pressed
- Sourced from Italy
- Botanical name: Citrus bergamia
Bright vibes, bold peace. Bergamot’s citrus aroma with delicate herbal notes is both uplifting and calming, making it perfect for staying centred during times of stress, or for preparing your mind for sleep.
Use in the morning for an extra mood boost, and in the evening to say goodbye to insomnia (and the world).
- Add a few drops to your massage oil to reduce tension and soothe painfully tight muscles. Check out our dilution chart to find the right blending ratio for you.
- Experiencing anxiety, depression or fear? Diffuse bergamot and let the antidepressant properties bring nourishment to your nervous system and lift you away from negative feelings.
- This is one of the best oils to support a good night’s rest and/or help with managing situational anxiety. Add 12 drops to 1oz (30ml) of distilled water and mist your pillow before bed.
- Use as a household deodoriser in DIY products such as room sprays, surface cleaners, and carpet cleaners. But avoid using this on marble or granite as it will slowly corrode the finish.
- Massage an upset stomach with a drop or two of bergamot diluted in jojoba oil.
- Bergamot is antifungal and supports wound healing. Just one drop on the beginnings of a cold sore can often stop the full potential of the sore.
- Create an emotionally uplifting room spray. Combine grapefruit, lime, jasmine, and bergamot for an aroma which will spread positive vibes throughout your space. Check out the full recipe here.
- Fun fact: most tea lovers will already be familiar with bergamot as it gives Earl Grey its citrus aroma and flavour.
FROM FARM TO BOTTLE
Hand-poured in Singapore.
Our organically grown Bergamot Essential Oil is cold-pressed from the rinds of fresh bergamots grown in Italy. This farm has not used any fertilisers for the last 20 years — not even the ones permitted by their organic certification. Instead, they practise biodynamic farming, which – similar to organic farming – uses manures and composts instead of artificial chemicals on the soil.
They are passionate about employing their local community. Many of their employees have worked with them for most of their lives, and the farm now even employs some of their employees’ grown children! They also run an education programme which allows children from surrounding villages to visit and learn all about growing their own food without using chemicals or fertilisers.
#101 Jan 2017
#102 Jan 2018
#103 Oct 2019
#104 Dec 2020
#105 Dec 2021
Safety & Shelf life
Bergamot is phototoxic, so you need to avoid sun exposure for at least 12 hours after application to your skin. It should not be used on skin undiluted as it may burn your skin or cause damage. If oxidised, bergamot essential oil may cause skin irritation or sensitisation due to the high limonene content.
Consult your healthcare provider if you are pregnant, nursing, taking medications, or being treated for other health challenges. Keep out of reach of children. Store in a cool place, tightly capped.
Suggested shelf life is 4 years from date of distillation.