Cedarwood Essential Oil
Your daily dose of calm in a 10ml bottle.
- Batch # 103
- Wildcrafted, steam-distilled
- Sourced from USA
- Botanical name: Juniperus virginiana
Take flight while you stay rooted. Warm and woodsy cedarwood is known for providing emotional strength, or for when you need an anchor. Diffuse and say goodbye to mental strain, symptoms of depression, and stress-related insomnia.
Use anytime you want to feel grounded and breathe a sense of calm, or before bed to quieten the stresses of the day.
- A great choice when looking to support healthy lungs and promote clear breathing, especially if you are feeling congested. Diffuse around your home or in your bedroom before going to bed.
- To make a stress-relieving massage oil, add 5 drops of cedarwood oil, 5 drops of bergamot, 2 drops of jasmine and fill a 1oz (30ml) bottle with jojoba oil.
- Help soothe a flaky scalp by adding two drops of cedarwood to 1 tablespoon of coconut oil. Massage scalp, let it rest for a few minutes and wash out. Or simply add a few drops to your shampoo.
- It acts as a deterrent to moths and insects, which is why our ancestors used cedar chests to store clothing. Simply add a few drops to a cotton ball or cloth and place in your wardrobe or storage area.
- Add a few drops to your massage oil to reduce tension and soothe painfully tight muscles and joints. Check out our dilution chart to find the right blending ratio for you.
- Diffuse at bedtime to encourage a sense of confidence, security, and to release worries that prevent genuine relaxation.
- Its enchanting aroma can aid in mindful meditation, grounding and is sometimes used as an aphrodisiac.
FROM FARM TO BOTTLE
Hand-poured in Singapore.
Our wildcrafted Cedarwood Essential Oil is steam-distilled from the wood of wild cedars growing in the forests of the USA. Unfortunately, cedarwood essential oil has some sustainability challenges. The problem is twofold; cedar trees are slow growing, which means that once the trees are cut down, it can take decades to regrow. Plus there is a huge demand on these trees from the building and furniture industries.
Which is why we needed to be careful in sourcing our Cedarwood Essential Oil. Our partner distiller only distills the leftover wood shavings, roots, and sawdust from trees that were used in building materials from other companies. They also sponsor a cedar re-plantation program to help secure future generations of cedar to survive.
CE#101 Nov 2015
CE#102 Jan 2016
CE#103 Oct 2019
Safety & Shelf Life
There are no known safety issues when using this oil.
Consult your healthcare provider if you are pregnant, nursing, taking medications, or being treated for other health challenges. Keep out of reach of children. Store in a cool place, tightly capped.
Suggested shelf life is 8 years from date of distillation.
First time using this smell and was not used to it. When sniff directly from the bottle, it was .....!!!!! So did not use it with the diffuser.
Instead, have drip on cotton and placed in the storeroom, hoping it will prevent from silverfish and booklice from coming. I guess it works!
And the smell was actually pleasant whenever I open the store room door.
Hi Cindy !
Thank you for your review! Glad to hear that you are enjoying our oils (: