Citronella Essential Oil
Your daily dose of positivity in a 10ml bottle.
- Batch # 103
- Wildcrafted, steam-distilled
- Sourced from Indonesia
- Botanical name: Cymbopogon nardus
Bright, crisp citronella is lemony, woodsy, and sweet all at once. Best known for its powerful pest-repellent benefits, it also shines when used for skincare. Citronella’s incredibly calming aroma is known to promote feelings of happiness and positivity.
Bring this oil along for all your outdoor adventures to ward off pests, and add to your natural cleaning recipes to kill germs and microbes.
- Add this oil to your all natural DIY mosquito repellent. Check out our favourite recipe here.
- Add a few drops to your unscented shampoo to repel lice or to treat them if they are present.
- Add a few drops to a carrier oil such as jojoba and massage into overworked joints and muscles to release tension, and move more naturally. Check out our dilution chart to find the right blending ratio for you.
- Add citronella to your DIY cleaning products to reduce germs, and other microbes. Add a few drops to your all-purpose spray, mop bucket, or your window-cleaning spray. The aroma will also help to repel mosquitoes from coming into your home.
- Combine with your favourite citrus oils and diffuse to create a calm, relaxing environment.
- Citronella is great for keeping feet healthy when dealing with fungal issues. Combine with tea tree and apply to your feet daily until the fungus is gone. Check out the full recipe here.
- Citronella can also be a great addition to your natural deodorant as it helps with perspiration.
FROM FARM TO BOTTLE
Hand-poured in Singapore.
Our organically-grown Citronella Essential Oil is steam-distilled from wild citronella java grass leaves in Indonesia. We began working with this young farm, which only started producing essential oils in 2018, as their first international partner. While they are definitely a small, family-run outfit with only three employees, the quality of their oils is truly outstanding. Just take a look at their GCMS reports!
Although they are currently still undergoing application for their certification, their farm is run as if it were certified organic. They prioritise sustainability by reusing plant waste from the distillation process as fertiliser for their crops and animal feed for the surrounding farms. They also collect rainwater for irrigation.
Cit#101 Jan 2015
Cit#102 Jan 2016
Cit#103 Nov 2019
Safety & Shelf Life
There are no known safety issues when using this oil.
Consult your healthcare provider if you are pregnant, nursing, taking medications, or being treated for other health challenges. Keep out of reach of children. Store in a cool place, tightly capped.
Suggested shelf life is 4 years from date of distillation.
First time purchase. Good for making DIY mosquito repellant spray!
Thank you for your review! Happy to hear that you are enjoying our oils and using them for your sprays. Do check out our recipe page to create more recipes for your home and your family, and your Self (:
Not too overpowering, good!