Cypress Essential Oil
Your daily dose of peace in a 10ml bottle.
- Batch #101
- Organically-grown, steam-distilled
- Sourced from Spain
- Botanical name: Cupressus sempervirens
Forever hold your peace with cypress oil. Its clean, fresh, slightly woodsy, balsamic aroma is known to bring peace during emotional transitions. The oil is used to treat pain and inflammation.
Soak away stiffness in the morning by adding this oil to your bath. Improve circulation with a leg massage after your workout or before bed.
- Diffuse the herbaceous-scented oil throughout your home to encourage peace, harmony, and serenity.
- Cypress has antibacterial, antimicrobial, and antifungal properties. Making it a great oil to add to your DIY cleaning products. Add a few drops to your all-purpose spray, mop bucket, or your all-purpose scrub.
- Relieve congestion in the respiratory system by creating a steam with cypress. Add a few drops to a bowl of steaming hot water. Place your head over the bowl with a towel over your head to keep the refreshing steam in. Do this for a few minutes, twice a day until your head starts to feel clearer.
- Inhaling cypress is also known to help with spasmodic coughs. Simply add a drop to your palms, rub them together, cover your nose and mouth, and inhale.
- Soak away morning stiffness, energize muscles and joints while promoting healthy circulation, and immune support with this bath blend recipe found here.
- Combine cypress with lemon oil to create a massage blend to relieve painful and swollen varicose veins. These oils work together to provide pain and inflammation relief while promoting healthy circulation. You can find the full recipe here.
FROM FARM TO BOTTLE
Hand-poured in Singapore.
Our organically-grown Cypress Essential Oil is steam-distilled from the leaves, cones, and twigs of trees grown in the hills and mountains of Spain. This has been a family-run farm for generations, and has more than 100 years of experience. Their distillation plant is located in the middle of their cypress fields and all farming is still done by hand, without the use of commercial farming equipment. They have never used chemical fertilizers on this land and have a zero waste policy with all of their farming practices, making sure that any plant material that cannot be used to distill essential oils is put back into the soil or given to surrounding farms to use for fertilizer.
CY#101 Sept 2019
Safety & Shelf life
If oxidised, it may cause skin irritation or sensitisation. Some sources recommend avoiding cypress essential oil during pregnancy, but there is no research to support this statement. To be extra cautious, take care when using with asthmatics. Cypress can either be very helpful with bronchial asthma or a potential irritant.
Consult your healthcare provider if you are pregnant, nursing, taking medications, or being treated for other health challenges. Keep out of reach of children. Store in a cool place, tightly capped.
Suggested shelf life is 4 years from date of distillation.
Cypress has a minty/SALT like scent. Light textured oil. May go well or even better with some blending.
I can’t get enough of this scent. I mix it together with Lavendar for a dreamy nighttime diffuser blend.