Grapefruit Essential Oil
Your daily dose of sunshine in a 10ml bottle.
- Batch # 103
- Organically-grown, cold-pressed
- Sourced from Australia
- Botanical name: Citrus paradisi
That feeling you get when you tick off everything on your to-do list and it’s not even lunchtime – that’s grapefruit oil. It has a citrusy, fresh, and exotic aroma which is very uplifting and instantly sparks joy. It has stimulating and cleansing properties, and has been known to diminish signs of cellulite by stimulating the lymphatic system.
Use in the morning for an extra mood boost, or in the evening for a stimulating massage.
- Diffuse this oil If you’re feeling nervous, exhausted, or depressed. Grapefruit will give you needed emotional support and balance.
- Create an inspirational personal inhaler with equal drops of grapefruit, rosemary, and peppermint. Check out our article on how to make your own eco-friendly inhaler using your old essential oil bottles here.
- Add to your DIY cleaning products as grapefruit essential oil is antiseptic and antiviral, making it great to help disinfect your home, especially if someone is fighting a cold or other virus.
- Create an emotionally uplifting room spray. Combine grapefruit, lime, jasmine, and bergamot for an aroma which will spread positive vibes throughout your space. Check out the full recipe here.
- Add 4 drops of grapefruit essential oil to 1 teaspoon of carrier oil and massage into areas that are stiff and aching after a hard workout. This blend is also known to help diminish the signs of cellulite and give the lymphatic system a boost.
- Create a cheerful diffuser blend by adding equal drops of grapefruit, lime, and lemon to your diffuser.
FROM FARM TO BOTTLE
Hand-poured in Singapore.
Our organically-grown Grapefruit Essential Oil is cold-pressed from the rinds of fresh grapefruits harvested from orchards in Australia. This farmer has been operating for over 12 years, and they only farm grapefruits on their property. Meaning that they concentrate on just one beautiful essential oil and that dedication shows in their final product. They also have a zero waste policy, making sure that any plant material that cannot be used to distill essential oils is put back into the soil or given to surrounding farms to use for fertiliser. The juice from the grapefruit is also sold to a local juice company, so every bit of the fruit is used and enjoyed.
GR#101 Dec 2017
GR#102 Dec 2018
GR#103 April 2021
Safety & Shelf Life
This oil may cause skin irritation if it is old or oxidised. This oil is phototoxic, so you should limit topical blends to a 4% dilution or avoid sun exposure for 12 hours after applying this oil to your skin.
Consult your healthcare provider if you are pregnant, nursing, taking medications, or being treated for other health challenges. Keep out of reach of children. Store in a cool place, tightly capped.
Suggested shelf life is 3 years from date of distillation.