Patchouli Essential Oil
Your daily dose of chill in a 10ml bottle.
- Batch # 104
- Organically-grown, steam-distilled
- Sourced from Indonesia
- Botanical name: Pogostemon cablin
As the official scent of the Age of Aquarius, made popular by our hippie ancestors, patchouli has a deep, woody, sweet, and earthy aroma. It is amazing in blends to reduce stress, depression and anxiety. It can also be used in blends for skin conditions such as dryness, inflammation, scars, sores, eczema, and wounds.
Add to your skincare routine in the morning to moisturise skin, and at night to breathe and relax.
- Add a few drops of patchouli oil to your skincare routine for a calm, radiant complexion. (Great for scar care!) Use a 1% dilution when using essential oils on your face. Our full dilution guidelines are here.
- Nourish and moisturise your skin with a decadent, soft body butter blend. Full recipe can be found here.
- Combine patchouli with lemon and lavender oils to create a diffuser blend that relaxes and uplifts to support you when feeling anxious and low in energy. Check out the blend here.
- If you suffer from athlete’s foot or other fungal infections, patchouli has strong antifungal properties. Combine with other oils to create an antifungal gel. Check out the full recipe here.
- Add a few drops to your natural deodorant recipe.
- Patchouli is a natural sedative, so it’s a great oil to add to a bath, body lotion, or diffuser at night.
- This is a thicker oil, so we recommend using a dropper cap with this oil.
Hand-poured in Singapore.
Our organically crafted Patchouli Essential Oil is steam-distilled from the rich green leaves of lush, bushy herbs grown in the rural countryside of Indonesia. We began working with this young farm, which only started producing essential oils in 2018, as their first international partner. While they are definitely a small, family-run outfit with only three employees, the quality of their oils is truly outstanding. Just take a look at their GCMS reports! Although they are currently still undergoing application for their certification, their farm is run as if it were certified organic. They prioritise sustainability by reusing plant waste from the distillation process as fertiliser for their crops and animal feed for the surrounding farms. They also collect rainwater for irrigation.
PA#101 Jul 2014
PA#102 Nov 2016
PA#103 Nov 2019
PA#104 Dec 2020
Safety & Shelf Life
There are no known safety issues when using this oil.
Consult your healthcare provider if you are pregnant, nursing, taking medications, or being treated for other health challenges. Keep out of reach of children. Store in a cool place, tightly capped.
Suggested shelf life is 20 years from date of distillation. This is one of the oils in which the aroma gets better with age. But it will also get thicker. So we recommend using a dropper cap with this oil.
Great for blending